Storm Ciara arrived in Avoriaz on Monday night bringing very high winds, rain and some snow at altitude. However, Wednesday saw around 10cm of fresh snowfall on the slopes which means that there are some pockets of soft snow even if the pistes have some hard patches – time to sharpen those edges!
The weather is calming down now, looking promising for the UK half-term week. There may be a top-up of snow on Thursday night and then the forecast suggests that we'll get a combination of sunshine and clouds with some more snow on Monday night into Tuesday.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Skiing fresh powder in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 27th February 2020
- The busiest week of the season in Avoriaz
- Mixed snow conditions in Avoriaz
- Lots of snow & mixed weather in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 5th February 2020