About Summer Lift Pass Options in Avoriaz
During the summer months, Morzine, Avoriaz and the other resorts that make up the Portes du Soleil have a total of 23 lifts in operation, giving access to around 650km of marked mountain bike trails, 850km of hiking paths, 400km of trail running routes, 400 mountain chalets and 10 mountain lakes!
As in the winter, you can purchase tickets for a single trip, multiple journeys or even a season pass and if you have a Portes du Soleil season ski pass for the previous winter, you can claim 50% discount off the price of your summer lift ticket. Lift passes are available from the cash desks at the base of each lift station.
There are three main types of summer lift passes which you can use in Avoriaz and the wider Portes du Soleil area:
- Mountain Bike passes are available for individual resorts of Avoriaz, Morzine & Les Gets or for the whole of the Portes du Soleil, which includes 12 different villages and all the bike trails that link them
- Pedestrian passes are available for Avoriaz, Morzine & Les Gets and can be bought in person at the ticket offices in resort
- Multi-pass is the non-mountain biker access pass which not only gives you access to the lifts across the Portes du Soleil, but also the swimming pools, tennis, tourist trains, ice rink and selected cultural sites
Mountain bike lift-passes
For many people, summer in Avoriaz is all about the mountain biking, which is understandable as the resort sits in the heart of one of Europe's best MTB areas – the Portes du Soleil. Whilst there are a number of paths setting off from resort, in order to make the most of the 650km of marked trails, you need to use the lifts.
Nearly all of the chairlifts and cable cars in the area are equipped to carry bikes in the summer so you really can roam at your leisure. The resort has a MTB specific lift pass for bikers, giving you access to all of the Portes du Soleil bike lifts. Passes can be bought on a daily basis or savings can be made by purchasing a longer duration ticket – 6 days or a season pass. Reductions are available for children and seniors or anyone holding a recent winter season Portes du Soleil Ski Pass who can claim a 50% reduction on their summer pass.
Also see: Mountain Biking in Avoriaz
Pedestrian passes in Avoriaz are valid on the following lifts: Télécabine de Super Morzine, Télésiège des Lindarets, Télésiège des Mossettes, Télésiège de Zore, Télésiège de Chaux Fleurie, 3S Prodains Express and TS Serraussaix.
In Morzine you can use the Pleney & Nyon lifts. In Les Gets you can access the Telesiege de la Pointe lift, the Mont Chery bubble and the Chavannes chair. Passes can be bought at the base of each of the lifts.
Also see: Maps of Avoriaz
Portes du Soleil Multi-pass
There are three different PDS Multi-passes. The first is for people who are staying with an accredited Multi Pass accommodation provider for a minimum of 2 days, which means that you only pay €2 per person per day. Accredited providers include hotels, apartments, chalets and camp-sites - keep an eye out for the multi-pass logo on their website or check with them directly to see if they're accredited.
The second is for those not staying in accredited accommodation, in which case the passes cost €9 per person per day. The third option is a summer season pass for €70 per person. You'll need to add on the cost of a hands-free pass if you don't already have one - €1 per pass, which is non-refundable, but you can used the pass again on your next visit.
All multi-passes give you access to the following activities and facilities, valid from 10th June to 3rd September 2017:
- All mountain lifts for walkers: 21 locations throughout the Portes du Soleil, bringing the summits within easy reach and making it possible to travel from one village resort to another and across different valleys easily
- Swimming pools and bathing lakes: Châtel, Morzine, Champéry, Morgins, Les Gets and Montriond
- Cultural centres: Aulps Abbey Discovery Centre in St Jean d'Aulps, Les Gets Mechanical Music Museum, Abondance's Maison du Val, Abondance's Abbey, Troistorrents' Vieux Moulins de la Tine
- Ice rinks: Châtel,Champéry and Morzine.
- Tennis centres: Abondance, Avoriaz, La Chapelle d'Abondance, Châtel, Morzine, Les Gets, Vallée d'Aulps (2 courts), Champéry and Morgins.
- Mini-golf: Les Gets, Châtel, Morgins and Vallée d'Aulps
- Road trains: Les Gets, Châtel, Morzine and Avoriaz
- Inter-resort buses/shuttles: Balad'Aulps Bus, Colombus and TPC
Activities are subject to availability, opening times and scheduling by their operators, in accordance with their conditions of sale.
Morzine Summer Luge
Take a spin down one of the two summer luge tracks in Morzine, underneath the Pleney bubble. You can buy 1, 6 or 10 trips or unlimited use for 2 hours to be taken between 10:30 to 12:30. Buy tickets at the Pleney ticket office.