The sun will shine bright to start the new year 2020 in Avoriaz. Thanks to the dumps we got at the beginning of the season, there's a very good base layer on all the slopes making for great on-piste conditions.
Christmas week was very snowy in Avoriaz so conditions on the pistes are currently very good – even if you may find some icy patches in the shade, the snow softens up as the sun warms up the slopes. The slopes are a bit busier this week as holidaymakers come to celebrate the new year but there are plenty of ways to avoid the queues... just follow Giles' advice.
Happy new year!
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Winter returned to Avoriaz this week
- Top 10 things to do for non-skiers in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Sunshine & a bit of fresh snow in Avoriaz
- Nada Surf to headline Avoriaz's Rock The Pistes 2020
- Blue skies & sunny days in Avoriaz