As the Christmas and New Year's holidays have come to an end, the crowds have left which means that the Avoriaz slopes are now nice and quiet.
Even if we haven't had any fresh snow since December 27th, there is a good base layer all around. Snow conditions are good, especially up high, although the snow cover has suffered the effects of the sun a little bit lower down. It can also be a bit hard first thing in the morning but, as the snow softens up, it allows for some very enjoyable skiing.
The forecast is for more sunshine and blue skies.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Winter returned to Avoriaz this week
- Top 10 things to do for non-skiers in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Sunshine & a bit of fresh snow in Avoriaz
- Nada Surf to headline Avoriaz's Rock The Pistes 2020
- Blue skies & sunny days in Avoriaz