TSI is a British Snowsports School that offers quality instruction for all ages and abilities in Morzine, Les Gets or Avoriaz, which are part of the vast Portes du Soleil ski domain.
Their aim is to help you gain confidence and achieve your goals on the slopes so that you get the maximum enjoyment from your ski holiday.
Whether you are looking for private instruction, skiing on your own but want to join a group lesson, fun in a group with your friends, or you want your children to learn to ski and be looked after while you hit the slopes, they can fit in with your plans.
Don't worry, you'll be in safe hands, all instructors speak English as their first language, are Independent fully qualified BASI Level 4 ISTD (British Association of Snowsports Instructors) with full French Equivalence. They will give you easy to understand explanations, simple demos and straight to the point feedback so you can improve your skills quickly.
Some of the options that TSI offer are, private lessons, group lessons, performance clinics, handiski and instructor training.
With a guaranteed max of 6 people per group lesson, TSI will always make sure that you get the most out of your group lessons. Prices for group lessons go from £100 (2x2hrs) to £220 (6x2hrs) or £310 (6x3hrs) more options available. Alternatively for a performance clinic prices start from just €60 for 2hrs with a group of 4.
TSI offer tailor-made lessons that suit you and your family's needs to make the most out of your ski holiday and time on the slopes. If you let them know what you would like out of your ski school experience they will do their best to provide it.
Where to meet
- Avoriaz / Prodian: For all lessons booked in Avoriaz, we meet at the TOP of the New Prodain Cable Car, walk straight out of the building and we will be standing on the snow in front of the old Telepherique building.
- Les Gets: For all lessons booked in Les Gets, they meet at the TOP of the Chavannes Red Bubble by the red fence and posts. Walk out of the red bubble building across the bridge, you will see the Yeti Cafe on your right, walk past this towards the piste, you will then see a small lift pass hut with a big red fence and four posts in front, they meet by the left post (with ESF ball on top of it), furthest away from the Croix chairlift.
- Morzine: Meet at the TOP of the Pleney Gondola right in front of the Restaurant terrace by the first Penguin flag or start of the wooden terrace.
- "To have a British instructor for our son who has such a fabulous attitude and is great fun made such a difference to us and meant we could relax and enjoy our holiday too. He had such a lovely few days with his instructor Sally (the owner) and the other 3 English boys in his group. The best ski lesson experience ever!" - Trip Advisor
- "We had been told to try getting lesions from the Snow Institute for our kids after we have a days skiing last year and used ESF. The kids did not enjoy it and our 4 year old was completely put off by yet e whole experience. After her first lesion in Les Gets this year she LOVED it and will only go back if Sally will teach her!!! Our 6 year old was skiing reds with me by the end of the week and loving it. We also had a adult group and i learnt so much!! Highly recommend them!!!" - Trip Advisor
- "The Snow Institute is one of the reasons we keep coming back to the Morzine / Les Gets area. Our daughters (aged 11 and 8) had a ball once again and the improvement in their skiing after just 3 lessons meant we could cover a huge amount of terrain during the rest of our holiday. I can't recommend these guys highly enough, if you are looking for lessons that are fun but at the same time highly effective, go for the Snow Institute every time." - Trip Advisor
TSI can run group lessons for all ages and abilities from 3 years upwards. They set group lessons up on demand, so they don't always have all levels or age group lessons running each week. It just depends on what group lessons have already been set up or what space they have left to set up a new group lesson for the week requested.
From 3 children min to 6 children max per group, they can run for as many days and hours as you would prefer,
TSI will always need a minimum of 3 children of a similar level and age, to set up and run a group lesson for its full duration. TSI won't cancel a group due to not having enough children, they will always give you the option to either pay for the 3rd child or they would take some hours off the total duration of the group lesson, so that your children will never miss out on their lessons booked.
TSI recommend that if children are beginners, you should not mix under 5yrs with older kids, from their experience they have found their learning patterns and stamina are not always compatible.
Similar consideration will also be given to mixed groups of children with previous ski experience based on size and strength.
It is also not a good idea to mix adults and children, since children have a very different way of learning, which involves less pure technique and more fun and games.
Max Group Size: 6 person
Languages Spoken: English
Activities: Handiski / Sit-Ski | Skiing | Snowboarding
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Childrens Lessons | Handiski Lessons | Instructor Courses | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Snowboard Lessons | Steep Skiing Lessons
Families & Kids: Kids' lessons
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Morzine | 74110