A “must visit”during your time in the Portes du Soleil, Cookie Café, at 2300m, between Morzine, Avoriaz and Champery, at the top of the Mossettes TDS lift, is the highest altitude mountain restaurant in the region with a stunning sun terrace and 360 degree views.
Cookie Cafe combines fantastic food, a cool atmosphere and has a breath-taking mountain back drop that is often above the clouds. On bad weather days check-in to their ‘Chill Out Lounge’ upstairs where you can charge your phone, borrow a book, play board games or simply re-charge on a sofa!
The Gourmet Burgers, hand-crafted by their local Swiss butcher, are the best sellers. Add to that freshly squeezed juice blends, fresh milkshakes, wraps, soups, salads and pizzas, plus some great wines and beers and you are in for a real treat. Every afternoon from 16:30 enjoy the themed daily drinks specials. The week starts with Mojito Monday!
Open every day until 16:30 and serving food until 15:45. You can get back to Morzine easily via the ski bus from Ardent as it’s just one direct blue, red or black run down from Cookie Café so it’s a great place to finish your day!
For more information please contact them directly or visit their website using the links on this page.
Although an obvious choice for skiers and snowboards, the restaurant can easily be accessed on foot as it is just a few metres from the Les Crosets lift, for which you can buy a pedestrian pass.
Read our review of this restaurant.
- "It's not every day that you find a restaurant with a cool gastropub vibe in the Alps. But that's why the highest mountain restaurant in the Portes du Soliel ski area is causing such as sensation, along with its great-value signature gourmet burger, fresh pizzas, wraps, salads, Swiss beers, smoothies, milkshakes, commanding views and upstairs chill-out lounge. This refreshing alternative to traditional mountain restaurant is at top of the fast Mossettes quad chairlift at 2,227m." - The Telegraph
- "I have been coming to Champery for years and have never really visited this place before. However, on a cold day we felt in need of a warm up. This place has changed out of all recognition - cool sofas and atmosphere. Their Vin Chaud really hit the spot. We then talked to another family on the chair lift who said they had eaten a great burger and fries there the day before, and so we decided to give it a go. It was quality. It is so great to see a new place come onto the scene and deliver a quality offering. " - Trip Advisor
- "The cafe is it a great location on the slopes. There is a amazing view of the mountains all across France from the cafe. I ordered a chicken burger, and it tasted great. The chips/fries were very nice swell." - Trip Advisor
- "Had a fanastic breakfast here after watching the sun rise courtesy of the local tourist office . Great team of staff here - very quick and friendly . The views are magical" - Trip Advisor
- "Enjoyed lunch on the slopes this week at Cookie Café. Kids loved the home made burgers and mum liked the pasta option. Cookies for dessert an absolute must. Lovely lounge area to relax in - could spend all afternoon there." - Trip Advisor
Location: near Avoriaz
Cuisine: Brasserie / Bistro | Fast-food | Gastro-pub
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional & Modern mix
Access: Pedestrian access | Ski to door
Entertainment: Drinks bar | Live music
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Mossettes | near Avoriaz | 74110