Two British skiers were seriously injured yesterday afternoon after a tree hit the Esserts gondola they were travelling in.
The cabin was hit by the tree at around 3pm yesterday afternoon and the two skiers fell around 5 metres to the ground.
High winds also closed the link between Avoriaz ans Chatel yesterday and in other parts of the Portes du Soleil.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Avoriaz
- Best 6 places to cool down in Avoriaz in 2019
- Discounts on Portes du Soleil 2019/20 season ski passes
- Avoriaz 2019/20 ski pass prices are out
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019