Two British skiers were seriously injured yesterday afternoon after a tree hit the Esserts gondola they were travelling in.
The cabin was hit by the tree at around 3pm yesterday afternoon and the two skiers fell around 5 metres to the ground.
High winds also closed the link between Avoriaz ans Chatel yesterday and in other parts of the Portes du Soleil.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Skiing fresh powder in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 27th February 2020
- The busiest week of the season in Avoriaz
- Mixed snow conditions in Avoriaz
- Lots of snow & mixed weather in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 5th February 2020