This hotel is situated above a lively, popular apres-ski bar and is ideal for those looking for a fun holiday. It is also just 150 metres from the new Prodain lift and you can practically ski back to the door or directly if you go off-piste.
The hotel has four en-suite bedrooms upstairs from the bar providing great value accommodation. Breakfast can be included at an additional cost.
All the bedrooms are very comfortable with an ‘austrian twin’ and a single bed, and access onto the balcony.
The hotel includes a terrace and open garden where you can relax in the sunshine after a day on the mountain.
Open all year round the hotel is equally perfect for skiing and mountain biking holidays being located so close to the lifts. There is also ski and bike storage on-site so your gear won't take over your living space.
It is in an enviable ski-in / ski-out location at the bottom of the Coupe du Monde and the Crozat Bowl (off piste). The slopes end on the terrace! The super fast Telepherique des Prodains lift to Avoriaz is a few metres away for access to Avoriaz, and the epic Portes du Soleil ski area. You can also hop on a bus into Morzine if you fancy checking out the action down there.
The Kinkerne apres ski is renowned in the resort and can get very lively, luckily we have reinforced benches suitable for ski boots stomping! Expect a fun party atmosphere between 16:00 and 19:00. The bar serves a wide range of ales, wines, spirits and soft drinks.
The restaurant is old and traditional and serves up a great selection wholesome local dishes, home made burgers, and share platters. Dinner is served on communal benches and tables creating and interactive and fun environment.
You’ll need to organise your own bike hire when staying here. Things to consider are the type of bike you want to rent such as road, mountain, hard trail and/or an electric bike; and whether you’ll need helmets and protective clothing with your rental. You’re best off choosing a shop that is close to your accommodation for ease of access, and making it quicker to return the bike and pay at the end. Some companies may also deliver so it’s worth looking at all the options.
Also see: Cycle Hire in Avoriaz, France
The hotel can organise your equipment hire through their partner company who will come directly to the hotel when you arrive and will fit your ski/snowboard and boots.
Also see: Ski Hire in Avoriaz, France
Guides & Tours
Whatever happens on your holiday, you'll have no excuse to be bored because this hotel offer you a fantastic opportunity to book a whole range of winter and summer activities as well as lessons as part of your package. From standard ski guiding, to paragliding to cannoying to MTB and hiking guides. They can organise all your favourite mountain sports on your behalf.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Avoriaz, France
- "I stayed with my partner here over New Year. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this hotel. Excellent for locality. It literally took us 5 minutes to walk up, with ski boots on, to the Prodain Express which takes you up the mountain. The menu at the hotel was varied, catering for all tastes. We ate here 3 of the nights and enjoyed everything that we had. The rooms are nicely decorated, warm, clean and comfortable. The staff were lovely, always friendly and ready to help. I would like to thank Olivia in particular who made are stay extra special, always smiling and a delight to have around! 2 of the nights there was live music during the 'après ski' hours which were absolutely brilliant. During our stay Pixie Lott came into the bar 3 of the nights, bit of a bonus, and what is good enough for Pixie is definitely good enough for me!!!" - Trip Advisor
- "What can I say? La Kinkerne and the crew gave me the warmest welcome I've had in Morzine in a long time. La Kinkerne is located at the bottom of the main La Prodains chair servicing Avoriaz and beyond. Ski in ski out is amazing. The place has been renovated recently and have a wonderful contemporary cool about it. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. Great house keeping and an attitude geared to customer service makes it just wonderful. The bar is well stocked and the Alepine pale ale is to die for. The food, oh Lordy the food! Ask the kitchen to surprise you and you will not be disappointed. Prices are also very, very reasonable." - Trip Advisor
- "Everything that you want in a skiing vacation! Very cozy and romantic chalet, with everything that you need, and in spite chalet is not in the main hotel building, is just a 2 min walk and is surrounded by the quietude of the landscape. Perfect to rest! Staff were very friendly and helpful and made us fell like we were long time friends!" - Trip Advisor
- "I stayed here when I recently was in Morzine on business. I had a fantastic stay all the staff were all lovely and helpful. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for accommodation in this area! I will for sure be back!" - Trip Advisor
- "An amazing hotel with lovely staff! Treated really well, good value, homely atmosphere and a delicious menu!! Would definitely recommend and return. Thanks to all the team! It's also in a great location!" - Trip Advisor
The town of Morzine is located to the east of Geneva, close to the French-Swiss border in the Haute Savoie region of the Rhone-Alpes. Geneva airport is just one hour and 15 minutes of driving from the town on the E25 motorway. The town is 1000m above sea level and surrounding ski resorts benefit from the micro-climate of Mont Blanc.
A vast array of restaurants are available in Morzine to suit all tastes and budgets. For special evenings enjoy up to eight courses of exquisite cuisine, or try one of the tasty and varied menus of fine French food, with hearty meats and fresh fish. There are several restaurants offering the traditional Savoie fare of fondue, raclette and tartiflette, or after a day in the mountains a plate of fish and chips might be the comfort food you're after. It's a toss up for the best coffee and baked treat in town with so many cafe's to choose from you are spoilt for choice.
Also see: Restaurants in Avoriaz, France
There are many beautiful views to see if you can get into the mountains on foot or even by the lifts. Take the road along the Vallee de la Manche for ten minutes and find yourself at the Lac des Mines d'Or, set between rocky crags and grassy meadows. The thundering Cascade de Nyon is worth a look if rainfall has been high, or take a walk in the Dereche forest in the heart of Morzine itself.
Things to Do Nearby
Avoriaz is located in the middle of the epic Portes du Soleil and boasts the highest skiable point throughout the entire network of the 12 resorts, meaning great conditions for skiing and snowboarding. The town of Avoriaz is an equally exciting place to be, with winter activities taking place including night sledding, ski joering, sleigh rides and many more. In summer time, there are limitless biking adventures to be had on downhill, cross country and enduro trails, via ferrata to climb and paraglidnig to fly, not to mention the numerous surrounding peaks to summit on foot. Further activities include tennis, archery, Aquariaz waterpark and even caving in the Gouffre d'Avoriaz sinkhole.
Also see: Things To Do in Avoriaz, France
Head up to Avoriaz if you fancy a spot of golf whilst you're staying Morzine. The Avoriaz golf course spreads out across the plateau with magnificent panoramic views towards Morzine and the surrounding peaks. There are nine holes, sheltered from the elements by tall fir trees and bordered with wild flowers. Lessons are available from the golf academy and clubs are available for hire.
Also see: Golf Courses in Avoriaz, France
Morzine offers many ski options with access to Avoriaz or into Morzine resort. The modern Pleney lift is located centrally and takes just seven minutes to whisk you away to the Narnia of Morzine and Les Gets. Alternatively you can take the Nyon telecabine, which is a five minute drive from Morzine centre. The Super Morzine gondola takes skiers and snowboarders up the opposite side of the valley and gives you access to Avoriaz, Chatel and beyond with links into Switzerland.
Also see: Ski Areas in Avoriaz, France
At the height of the season in summer and winter you can expect the bars and clubs to be full of party seeking seasonaires and holiday makers. Between three clubs in town, nights out can last into the early hours of the morning. For a more civilised affair, check out the microbrewery, bars and sunny pub terraces. Most of the bars and clubs are located within walking distance of the town centre.
Also see: Bars in Avoriaz, France
Location: Morzine | Avoriaz
Star Rating: 2 Star
Property Style: Hotel
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional
Bookings For: Lift Passes | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Transfers
Cleaning: Linen Provided
Access: Ski to door
Room: Ski / Boot Room
Car-parking: Parking on property
Entertainment: Restaurant | Free WiFi | TV
Outdoor: Garden - Shared | Terrace
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Winter
Address: 2786 route des Ardoisières | Morzine | 74110