Avoriaz is a completely pedestrianised resort, no cars, vans or lorries. The best way to travel around, especially if you have little ones or lots of luggage is by horse drawn sleigh.
You can either use them as a way of getting around the resort, where journey prices range from €7 - €13 depending on how far you want to go (luggage €2 per bag) or you can hire one for a scenic trips around the resort for €15 - €35.
Sleighs can be picked up at the entrance of the resort (“Accueil”), the outdoor parking P2, the top station of the Prodains cable car and in the centre of town.
This service operates from 08:00 to 20:00. A night service is also available which operates on a cat-tracked vehicle, 7 days per week from 20:00 - 08:00. Call to reserve and to verify prices on the phone number above.
- Families & Kids
- Kids' Club / Activities
- Horse Riding
- Event Hosting
- Guides & Instructors
- Horse Riding Lessons
- Open Seasons
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Great start of the 2019/20 season in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Avoriaz in December 2019 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Sun & powder for Avoriaz's first skiing day in winter 2019
- Lots of snow for the season opening in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz opens early winter 2019/20