Avoriaz is a completely pedestrianised resort, no cars, vans or lorries. The best way to travel around, especially if you have little ones or lots of luggage is by horse drawn sleigh.
You can either use them as a way of getting around the resort, where journey prices range from €7 - €13 depending on how far you want to go (luggage €2 per bag) or you can hire one for a scenic trips around the resort for €15 - €35.
Sleighs can be picked up at the entrance of the resort (“Accueil”), the outdoor parking P2, the top station of the Prodains cable car and in the centre of town.
This service operates from 08:00 to 20:00. A night service is also available which operates on a cat-tracked vehicle, 7 days per week from 20:00 - 08:00. Call to reserve and to verify prices on the phone number above.
- Families & Kids
- Kids' Club / Activities
- Horse Riding
- Event Hosting
- Guides & Instructors
- Horse Riding Lessons
- Open Seasons
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Avoriaz
- Best 6 places to cool down in Avoriaz in 2019
- Discounts on Portes du Soleil 2019/20 season ski passes
- Avoriaz 2019/20 ski pass prices are out
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019